Monday 24 March 2008

Nursery Rhyme Swap card


For a swap in the group I belong to I came up with the following card. I started off with a picture of a cat, and from there I created 'Pussy cat Pussy cat'. Using a 6 x 6 card, I used a lemon and orange polka dot background paper, that matched the colours of the cat. I used Sakura Stardust jelly roll pens to colour in the cat, in certain areas, leaving the remaining white.
Using my technique of my cutting knife, then cut round the cat to the final shape. I then made the wording of the rhyme using plain white card, printed out in black ink and using the font Jangles. Using my earth tones chalks I darkened the card to make it look older, then using my Pilot Gold pen inked slightly around the edges. Laying a strip of polka dot orange ribbon to the edge of the backing paper, I then placed the cat and the text. I thought it a good idea to cut down the side of the ribbon and around the cat so that he stood out slightly, it all went together well. Inside the card I used the same technique as the wording on the outter of the card, and placed information about the origins of the nursery rhyme. I think this is my favourite card for a swap so far this year, I have really enjoyed making it. It would also suit a child for a birthday card, without the wording on the inside, that could be placed on the back of the card.

Enjoy.

No comments: