Monday 2 June 2008

Ooh La La

Cuttlebug die cuts are great to use as toppers for cards. This die cut was of a corset, that you can lace up. I just used plain blue card then used a patterned stamp to decorate. So the shape and outline of the corset would show I used a gold pen and went around the edges. I also put gold ink around the eyelets, this made them look more original. Lacing up with a pretty fringe wool in different shades of blue and tied under.
The background was made by using the embossing folders from the Cuttlebug, I brushed over the embossing with various coloured inks until I was happy with the design. To finish the embossing off I then used the Sakura stardust blue pen to add sparkle and drew around the loops. The fancy border is made by using a stamp from the new range of Dovecraft clear stamps fantasy, perfect for borders. The blue butterflys are from hair ties, I came across these in a chemist shop and thought they would be handy so picked up 3 different colours. They are great for adding a little style to you fibres and brads.
I have added another photo of the corset in a more in
depth picture, you can see the background textures too.
I had alot of fun creating this style of card, much more than I have in the past with stamped versions, you can do alot more with this die cut, it also comes with cut out laces and a sweet little bow. I decided not to use them this time, but may well do in the future.
Happy Crafting
Holly

No comments: