Tuesday 9 September 2008

Altered Hot Choc Pot

I found a really nice shaped hot choc pot while working at the day centre so thought it a good idea to alter it into a nice vase
or pencil holder. This pot was from the Options range. Just take off the outter covering which is easy to remove, then cut the top off by using a blade or scalpal, take care not to cut off your fingers...lol. The patterned look is made by using alcohol inks just dab on with a pom pom or cotton wool ball. I advice that you use rubber gloves to protect your hands when using these inks as they do stain, hence I had pink fingers. Once the ink is dry which does not take that long then add some gold ink, I used a gold ink pad and dabbed it over for some reason it reacted with the inks and spread out a bit making the pattern look like tiny flowers. I then used my heat gun to gently dry the gold ink take care too much heat and you will have a melt down. I then went all over the pot with a clear ink stamp then used enchanted gold embossing powder and sprinkled all over, then back to the heat gun, this sealed all of the colours and added the sparkle. I wanted the pot to be more shiney so to finish I just brushed over with the 3-D embossing varnish. I added a gold ribbon at the top and placed tiny beaded flowers and the same around the middle of the pot. I used a really heavy glue like u-hu glue to fix the ribbon and flowers. The Butterfly is a die cut out of silver card, I added some caramel alcohol ink and built it up, then added clear embossing ink and covered with clear embossing powder and heated with the heat gun. Gived the butterfly a glossy finish, I attached this with a sticky dot bostick ones work the best and added more glue the leaves were attached to the butterfly so everything is held in place.
Hope you like this project, its really simple to make and you can use other ideas of covering the pots, I also made 2 more using napkins, I will try and add them to my photo gallery when time allows. Most of all enjoy your crafting.
Holly

No comments: