Sunday 23 November 2008

Altered Domino Box


I bought some cheap domino's and they came with a little carry case, I thought it would be nice to alter the case and make it into a small jewellery box. So I started to peel off the cheap looking plastic and down to the wood. Then using glue and old bits of newspaper I covered it to give it strength. Then covered in a layer of mulberry paper to give it texture. Finally covering with Silver acrylic paint. I wanted to glitter it up a little so then using light green sparkles glitter glue I brused it all over. Let it dry then added some gems to add a bit more sparkle. The shells are tiny and have a mother or pearl effect on them, I brushed over with the same colour sparkle glitter glue. Finally the butterfly, using a die cut shape from the cuttlebug range, I covered with sequins, sticking them on one by one, bit of a task but better effect than using a string of them. The antenna is gold beads on wire with a pearl for the top, then the body part I used clear diamond gems. Inside I covered with dark green felt to place jewellery on. All in all I was quite pleased with the end result.
Easy to make and fun to do happy crafting.
Holly

2 comments:

June said...

How beautiful this is Holly. I hope you are well my friend and hope that Christmas isnt creeping up on you.
I love to come and see your blog its so beautiful
Hugs J x

Pattie said...

Hiya
Please pickup your award from my blog ! for your wonderful work Blog as well lol !!

Pattie