Sunday 17 July 2011

New Creations

Summer has arrived so time for crafting in the conservatory. As a gift for someone I decided to make a wall hanging for them. I used the backing board of my scrapbook pages as a base. Covered with some cloth I found from an old outfit that was sort of cotton cheesecloth style and painted it with metallic acrylic paints. The shapes I bought ages ago from the Range and painted them to resemble cloisone beads and the paper flowers I painted to match. The large flower is made from paper coloured with whispers stroke pens and water added to wash it out slightly then added some old gold metallic paint. The lady picture I found in my scrapbook of decoupages and when put together glazed over it. To finish I added a little lace and ribbon to hang. Really enjoyed this project.
Holly

1 comment:

Ellis said...

Gorgeous card, I found your blog when using google to see what you can do with cheesecloth! =)
Hugs, Elenor