Monday 27 July 2015

Art on Hearts

Recently I made a wall hanging decoration for a friend. Using MDF
in the shape of a heart. I was given some napkins with a sea theme and
used just 2 layers placing onto the heart using pva glue. Then rolled it over so that there were no wrinkles. I found a nice digi stamp I had laying around and used this for the mermaid girl. Using a sequin shell for her hair decoration, this was actually clear so needed to add some colour, I used alcohol inks with a hint of acrylic green and some perfect pearls to add more shimmer. I used pro markers and some Aqua tints to colour the stamp figure. Finally finding a nice brass disc with Believe on it to finish I used distress inks to darken the edges of the heart. Using fibres to match the colours and a Greek handmade bead to attach the fibres these hang down holding a few of he clear shells and a few beads to finish. Really enjoyed making this heart and was a perfect gift to a lovely lady.
Happy Crafting
Holly

No comments: