Thought I would post one of my recent canvases. I used the Prima doll mermaid stamp, love this stamp it's quite large but great for mix media. I used a canvas board for this project, for the background I used lots of bits and pieces such as papers lace and tissue paper to get some textures also added some modelling paste and a lovely stencil by creative expressions. It has a nice post mark and text. I added some buttons to give effect of bubbles as well as adding some beads. I gesso over in white then used Artiste spritzing inks of blue and sea green in various places and used a brush to pull out the inks before they were dry. Then using a brush in the ink made the effects of weeds in the water. Then inked some old bits of jewellery using alcohol inks these work great to die parts of beading or anything similar like shells. The mermaid doll for her tail I punched out some hearts different sizes and cut them in half then painfully added them one by one but the effect was just what I wanted. Added some beads to her hair and coloured her in using water based inks. The jelly fish are made from acetate and used a very thin coating of Dyna paint using the blue and pink colours with a touch of the green. The Octopus is also painted using Dyna paints and added some white gel pen to represent tentacles. The corners I added some metal ones from Santoro these were gesso over then used bronze wax and Dyna paint to change the look of them slightly.
I have added a closer photo above of the textures and embellishments I used on the canvas quite pleased how it all turned out but I think more room for improvements.
I have been really busy over past months, hence lack of posting here. Christmas seems to take lots of my time as well as running a craft group on Facebook. So finally I have been able to create another inky mess. Using Inkylicious stamps and Aqua watercolour pens.
I started with the Aquamarine shade and lots of water to give the background a simple wash leaving some areas white. Then adding Teal to create a darker blue with slight watered down slate. The edges are darkened using distress inks weathered wood shade and building up the shade. Not able to see on the photo maybe but used sparkle pens to add a hint of sparkle. Used a white pen to outline some of the blue areas.
The book page is part of a swap making 12 in all and all with the same design. Was quite a task the theme of the books Winter Wonderland.