Monday 27 November 2017

A little bit of Alice in Wonderland

I have a wonderful friend called Jo who is mad on Alice in
Wonderland. So I got thinking how I could make her a nice gift in this theme. I started making just the top hat and a stand. I added some organza wide fabric for hat band and made a tag that I stamped. Then made some simple hat pins using some beads I had stored, this got me started on sorting out some of my craft room..lol. Then I decided to make a tea cup out of pattened paper and sat a cut out of the white rabbit and the queen of hearts in, using some reindeer moss and a paper lace. This project was growing by the day every evening returning home from work I spent a couple of hours adding more bits. I found some images from a book I had and cut them out of alice and the mad hatter. Using a mini playing card...err sorry it was not the Queen of hearts typical when you need one so adapted it to resemble a card character. Adding some pretty paper flowers and more tiny beads and reindeer moss to a 7x7 board that I covered in green patterned paper. The hatters hat  used some tissue patterned paper. Finally to complete the project I used a tiny tinted bottle with a label on it saying drink me, you can just about see this in the bottom right of the photo next to Alice. Although, this project took me some time I certainly enjoyed making it and Jo was delighted with it, she now had it situated in her craft room.
Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did making it.

Happy crafting

Holly

No comments: