Monday 27 November 2017

Christmas Baubles using Inkylicious Stamp


Keeping in a theme of stamping of which I love to do as well as paint with inks and create fantasy themed projects, Christmas was in my mind. So hunting through all my stamps I came across a tiny cabin in the woods themed, just the perfect stamp I was looking for to create a scene in a bauble. I stamped it out on printable acetate then added some white for snow using a white gel pen as well as using a gold glitter gel pen that I bought from Inkylicious, as well as purchasing the log cabin stamp from them too. The bauble I bought from Hobbycraft store clear and about 6 cm in size.
I got some foils strands in white by do crafts from the Range and cut this up into tiny bits to place in the bottom of the bauble to act like snow, I love this stuff it always seems more magical than just glitter. I drew around the inside of the bauble so that it would fit inside. These baubles you can open in half so I added some foil to one side of the acetate then some to the other and closed them adding a little pva glue to secure. I like the way these fit together they are not loose so you could just tie ribbon through the loop as shown, I then added a red bow to keep in a traditional festive theme.
Printable acetate is perfect for these easy crafts, but I would suggest that you use Stazon ink for stamping, just as an experiment I tried other inks and they did not work well at all. You can also use the acetate in your printer just make sure you have the rough side of the acetate to print on and you will have perfect images. I made 6 of these pretty baubles in all some stamped some printed all ready for my Christmas tree this year. I have a small stock of them to make some for my family to place on their own trees. This project is a little fiddly but worth the effort just allow time for the inks to dry on the acetate and ensure that you buy printable.

Happy crafting all

Holly

No comments: